Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
News_Amazon

UAE invoicing requirements

With respect to your sales transactions, you're responsible to comply with all the legal and Tax or VAT requirements to issue and deliver compliant invoice to your customers for each order promptly after the shipment of the order has been confirmed.

Failure to comply, can result in Amazon processing a returnless refund that will be fully charged to you in case the invoice is not provided to the customer for an order within 3 business days (for high value listings, this threshold will be extended to 6 business days) upon the customer’s request.

For more information and guidance regarding invoicing, go to Quick reference: VAT Invoice for the customer.

If you are unsure about issuing tax or commercial invoice to a customer, we suggest that you contact your tax advisor.

18 replies
Tags:News and Announcements
18 replies
user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Dear Amazon,

Please can you mention from which date onwards should we start sending invoices.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_lrEM15blZ1HTz

Are we sending to all customers or which who asked for invoices ?

user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b

It is mentioned

"Failure to comply, can result in Amazon processing a returnless refund that will be fully charged to you in case the invoice is not provided to the customer for an order within 3 business days (for high value listings, this threshold will be extended to 6 business days) upon the customer’s request."

Upon customer's request. So do we send only for those customers that requested only.

Amazon please clarify.

user profile
Seller_qArxRfPyhwWQJ

quick question or 2

I'm a FBM seller now and lost some high margin sales because of invoices, is there an option somewhere in amazon seller central to generate commercial invoices or we have to do that externally and then attach it here and send it to customers ?

AAnd my second question is this

If I'm selling 100 items daily as a FBA seller and I have to provide commercial invoices to everyone on a daily basis, it will consume all of my time, is there a way to automate this or something that will make life easier for us sellers ?

user profile
Seller_0UuIY5WxpjxcN

If you're not registered for VAT or are not required to apply VAT on your sales, you're still required to provide a commercial invoice to customers for each order, without charging VAT.

I print lable and invoice with goods and send to customer

i download invoice when i confirmed order and secdule to deliver.

is this formate is enough for me

user profile
Seller_5ZBKRw4KxPkL0

so if we send invoice to customer we can CLAIM this VAT ?

user profile
Seller_88wt6vvR7km4p

hello amaon team

first of all most the seller are selling under individual account , they sell without compnay . if they have not company how can they issue invoice . i know goversnemt return vat to visitor than does governement will accept our invoice .

and second if we deliver daily 100 product than its hard to deliver and make invove . can you explain how to it easily does every order shuld we reliese invoice

user profile
Seller_6rrmnzMiRjOW6

Dear amazon team

Please clarify if i need to send invoice to all my costumers or only upon request

Thank you

user profile
Seller_wmLmeCrEaoYrQ

I'm a FBA seller now and lost some high margin sales because of customer requiring invoices (I never send those) because I personally don't know if there is an option to generate commercial invoices from inside the seller central and I didn't wanted the extra work load of doing it externally and coming back here and attach and send it to customers (yea I'm a bit lazy i know) but that's the whole point of me being an amazon seller, everything is more simplified here than other selling platforms and loyal customer based is double or quadruple times more than the rest of the platforms combined (yeehoo for us seller's) so is there an option somewhere in amazon seller

user profile
Noor_Amazon_

Hello Sellers!

First of all thanks for reaching out to the Forums!

Your participation whether with questions or suggestions is always welcomed😊

Regarding the Invoicing and VAT, I would like to elaborate on a few points:

-Who should be charging VAT on the sales of goods through Amazon?

Please check the Tax policies explaining different scenarios. Based on your case, you can determine the actions to take.

-What should be included in a VAT invoice?

On this Help page you can find all the details regarding the needed information as well as how to find it.

-When should the Seller send a VAT invoice to the customer?

If you are registered for VAT, UAE law requires you to send every customer that makes a VATable purchase from you a VAT invoice within 14 days of the date of supply. If you are unsure whether you have to issue a VAT invoice to a customer, we suggest that you contact your tax advisor.

-How to send an invoice to the customer?

There are 3 ways to send a VAT invoice to the customer through Seller Central

1- You can send a message to the customer attaching the invoice by accessing the order details on manage order pages.

2-You can send an e-mail directly to the customer’s encrypted e-mail ID (you can find the customer’s encrypted e-mail ID in Order Reports (Seller Fulfilled orders incl. Easy Ship) or in Amazon Fulfilled Shipments report (FBA orders) or in buyer seller messaging if the customer has contacted you before).

3-You can reply to customers contacting you through Buyer-Seller Messages.

You can find the details on this Help page.

- Is there a sort of help when it comes to high volumes of invoices?

I would suggest to try out Selling Partner Application Programming Interface (SP-API) where you can use third party application that get integrated with Amazon and help you in different tasks. You can find the general details here, if you click on "Accounting" you will be redirected to the related options.

Regards,

Noor

user profile
News_Amazon

With respect to your sales transactions, you're responsible to comply with all the legal and Tax or VAT requirements to issue and deliver compliant invoice to your customers for each order promptly after the shipment of the order has been confirmed.

Failure to comply, can result in Amazon processing a returnless refund that will be fully charged to you in case the invoice is not provided to the customer for an order within 3 business days (for high value listings, this threshold will be extended to 6 business days) upon the customer’s request.

For more information and guidance regarding invoicing, go to Quick reference: VAT Invoice for the customer.

If you are unsure about issuing tax or commercial invoice to a customer, we suggest that you contact your tax advisor.

18 replies
user profile

by News_Amazon

18 replies
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b

Dear Amazon,

Please can you mention from which date onwards should we start sending invoices.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_lrEM15blZ1HTz

user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b

It is mentioned

"Failure to comply, can result in Amazon processing a returnless refund that will be fully charged to you in case the invoice is not provided to the customer for an order within 3 business days (for high value listings, this threshold will be extended to 6 business days) upon the customer’s request."

Upon customer's request. So do we send only for those customers that requested only.

Amazon please clarify.

user profile
Seller_qArxRfPyhwWQJ

quick question or 2

I'm a FBM seller now and lost some high margin sales because of invoices, is there an option somewhere in amazon seller central to generate commercial invoices or we have to do that externally and then attach it here and send it to customers ?

If I'm selling 100 items daily as a FBA seller and I have to provide commercial invoices to everyone on a daily basis, it will consume all of my time, is there a way to automate this or something that will make life easier for us sellers ?

user profile
Seller_0UuIY5WxpjxcN

If you're not registered for VAT or are not required to apply VAT on your sales, you're still required to provide a commercial invoice to customers for each order, without charging VAT.

user profile
Seller_5ZBKRw4KxPkL0

user profile
Seller_88wt6vvR7km4p

hello amaon team

first of all most the seller are selling under individual account , they sell without compnay . if they have not company how can they issue invoice . i know goversnemt return vat to visitor than does governement will accept our invoice .

and second if we deliver daily 100 product than its hard to deliver and make invove . can you explain how to it easily does every order shuld we reliese invoice

user profile
Seller_6rrmnzMiRjOW6

Dear amazon team

Please clarify if i need to send invoice to all my costumers or only upon request

Thank you

user profile
Seller_wmLmeCrEaoYrQ

I'm a FBA seller now and lost some high margin sales because of customer requiring invoices (I never send those) because I personally don't know if there is an option to generate commercial invoices from inside the seller central and I didn't wanted the extra work load of doing it externally and coming back here and attach and send it to customers (yea I'm a bit lazy i know) but that's the whole point of me being an amazon seller, everything is more simplified here than other selling platforms and loyal customer based is double or quadruple times more than the rest of the platforms combined (yeehoo for us seller's) so is there an option somewhere in amazon seller

user profile
Noor_Amazon_

Hello Sellers!

Please check the Tax policies explaining different scenarios. Based on your case, you can determine the actions to take.

On this Help page you can find all the details regarding the needed information as well as how to find it.

If you are registered for VAT, UAE law requires you to send every customer that makes a VATable purchase from you a VAT invoice within 14 days of the date of supply. If you are unsure whether you have to issue a VAT invoice to a customer, we suggest that you contact your tax advisor.

1- You can send a message to the customer attaching the invoice by accessing the order details on manage order pages.

2-You can send an e-mail directly to the customer’s encrypted e-mail ID (you can find the customer’s encrypted e-mail ID in Order Reports (Seller Fulfilled orders incl. Easy Ship) or in Amazon Fulfilled Shipments report (FBA orders) or in buyer seller messaging if the customer has contacted you before).

I would suggest to try out Selling Partner Application Programming Interface (SP-API) where you can use third party application that get integrated with Amazon and help you in different tasks. You can find the general details here, if you click on "Accounting" you will be redirected to the related options.

Regards,

Noor

user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b

Dear Amazon,

Thanks

user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b

Dear Amazon,

Thanks

user profile
Seller_lrEM15blZ1HTz

user profile
Seller_lrEM15blZ1HTz

user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b

It is mentioned

Amazon please clarify.

user profile
Seller_doQAK3AijQL6b

It is mentioned

Amazon please clarify.

user profile
Seller_qArxRfPyhwWQJ

quick question or 2

user profile
Seller_qArxRfPyhwWQJ

quick question or 2

user profile
Seller_0UuIY5WxpjxcN

user profile
Seller_0UuIY5WxpjxcN

user profile
Seller_5ZBKRw4KxPkL0

user profile
Seller_5ZBKRw4KxPkL0

user profile
Seller_88wt6vvR7km4p

hello amaon team

user profile
Seller_88wt6vvR7km4p

hello amaon team

user profile
Seller_6rrmnzMiRjOW6

Dear amazon team

Thank you

user profile
Seller_6rrmnzMiRjOW6

Dear amazon team

Thank you

user profile
Seller_wmLmeCrEaoYrQ

user profile
Seller_wmLmeCrEaoYrQ

user profile
Noor_Amazon_

Hello Sellers!

Regards,

Noor

user profile
Noor_Amazon_

Hello Sellers!

Regards,

Noor