This article applies to selling in: United Arab Emirates
Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers Terms and Conditions
Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers is offered by Souq.com FZ-LLC ("we", "us", "our") as an optional service for use in connection with an Amazon seller service on the terms and conditions set out below. You agree to use Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers on the following terms and conditions, which are separate from and in addition to any Amazon seller service agreement (e.g. Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement – United Arab Emirates,) that you have entered into with Souq.com FZ-LLC or one of its affiliates. The Amazon seller service agreement governs your offering of products for purchase through Amazon.ae (the "Amazon Site") and our fulfilment of your products, including disbursement of any funds ("Disbursement") to the bank account that you specify in your Amazon seller account ("Your Bank Account"), as well as any refunds, fees, costs and reimbursements due to us ("Reverse Transactions").
- When you elect to use Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers, you are only asking us to change the currency in which we make each Disbursement (and any necessary Reverse Transaction) to the currency of the country/region in which Your Bank Account is located ("Your Bank Location Currency") rather than the currency paid by customers on the Amazon Site. You are not providing any amounts to us to convert them into Your Bank Location Currency.
- Any conversion from or to Your Bank Location Currency using Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers will take place at the exchange rate applied by our third party service provider at the time we initiate the Disbursement or Reverse Transaction, which incorporates and reflects all fees and charges for payment in the currency you select ("Applicable Exchange Rate"). Such third party service provider will then facilitate the conversion of the currency of each Disbursement or Reverse Transaction from or to Your Bank Location Currency. We may share information about you or your transactions with any such third party service provider as required to complete your Disbursement or Reverse Transaction, as applicable. Exchange rates fluctuate under market conditions that are not under our control, so the Applicable Exchange Rate for each Disbursement and each Reverse Transaction might be different. The Applicable Exchange Rate only applies at the time of each Disbursement or Reverse Transaction and may change for future Disbursements and Reverse Transactions.
- In addition, we may show an estimated amount in Your Bank Location Currency for each pending Disbursement and/or Reverse Transaction, based on the exchange rate received by us from our service provider at the time we estimate the amount (the "Estimated Exchange Rate"). Please also note that the Estimated Exchange Rate may differ from the Applicable Exchange Rate due to fluctuations under market conditions that are not under our control.
- You can view the Estimated Exchange Rate for each pending Disbursement and Reverse Transaction, as well as the Applicable Exchange Rate for each completed Disbursement and Reverse Transaction, by clicking the "View Exchange Rate" link in your Amazon seller account.
- You may discontinue use of the Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers at any time. If you do so, you must first update the information for Your Bank Account to include a bank account for which the local currency is the same as the currency of the Amazon Site. Subsequent Disbursements may take up to an extra 14 days to allow for the updated bank account information to take effect.
- When using Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers, you bear the risk, if any, that the exchange rate at the time of sale of your products on the Amazon Site, or at the time when any refund, reimbursement, fee or cost is incurred, differs from the Estimated Exchange Rate and/or the Applicable Exchange Rate. Your use of Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers and these terms and conditions are independent of, and do not provide any additional rights with respect to, your contractual obligations to buyers of your products on the Amazon Site. The buyer of your products on the Amazon Site is neither involved in providing Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers to you, nor a party to these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Dubai International Financial Centre. Any dispute, claim, difference or controversy arising out of, relating to or having any connection with these terms and conditions, including any dispute as to its existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination or the consequences of its nullity and any dispute relating to any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the DIFC-LCIA Arbitration Rules as amended from time to time. The number of arbitrators shall be one, to be appointed in accordance with the DIFC-LCIA Arbitration Rules. The seat or legal place of arbitration shall be the Dubai International Financial Centre. The language used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
- You may contact us about Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers via e-mail by visiting https://sellercentral.amazon.ae/gp/contact-us/contact-amazon-form.html.We communicate with you by posting notices on your Amazon seller account or on the Amazon Site. When you send e-mails to us or review notices from us on your Amazon seller account or on the Amazon Site, you are communicating with us electronically. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- You agree that we may communicate with you in English during the term of this contract.
- We may make changes to Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers and these terms and conditions at any time and solely at our discretion. Any changes will be effective upon the posting of such changes on your Amazon seller account or on the Amazon Site, and you are responsible for reviewing these locations and informing yourself of all applicable changes or notices. All notice of changes to Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers and/or these terms and conditions will be posted for at least 30 days. You should refer regularly to your Amazon seller account and the Amazon Site respectively to understand the current terms and conditions related to Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF AMAZON CURRENCY CONVERTER FOR SELLERS AFTER OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES OR MODIFICATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES TO AMAZON CURRENCY CONVERTER FOR SELLERS AND/OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT CONTINUE TO USE AMAZON CURRENCY CONVERTER FOR SELLERS. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you use Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers, unless any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to all orders as required by that law or government authority). If any of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court, that term or condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or condition.
- Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of these terms and conditions subsequently.
- We retain the right to immediately suspend or terminate your use of Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers solely at our discretion.